What features would you like to see on Beyond Diet?

Community Message Boards Needed

There should be a community section with categorized message boards this would be most helpful! That way we can all work together in our goals and discuss issues with people who might be having the same problems...like support groups for women, or men, or teens, or couples, or recipe swap stuff like that.

179 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AliAli shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Forum  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: a community forum with message boards!!! PLEASE!!! :-)  ·   · 

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SusieOSusieO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been with BD for 11 days and have scoured the website extensively. I live in the UK and have noticed lots of posts from non- Americans asking where they can buy BD approved foods. There could be a section of the Community Board for different parts of the world where members can share experiences of food purchasing. BD is being sold globally but this isn't reflected currently on the site.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This and the recipe area are woefully behind the times. Take a look at any forum board out there and it has this beat. I've pretty much stopped visiting because posts can't be referenced back...they just drop off the end of the page

• Julia BroedersJulia Broeders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Taryn, I really don't mean to be argumentative, kk? :) I think the main reason people tend to start a new question is that there is no seach mechanism to do otherwise. I absolutely love the continuing chit chat/encouragement of the Share page but I keep hearing people needing a place to be able to search out others who have had same question/issue/goal/breakthrough/etc. So maybe maybe, please? :)

• DebDeb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They really need to think about a serious overhaul. There is so much information being proivded by members but if yo don't sit and scan through every couple hours you miss it completely. Which I was allowed more then 3 votes.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes absolutely agree, would be great to find things easier and to keep up with the things that interest you

• Janet WoemmelJanet Woemmel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this 100%! This feature could be expanded to start threads of "Introduce Yourself", "Success Stories", and more specific topics that you could find back! It's frustrating too to post a share that you think will be helpful to a lot of folks, only to find out that you did it the wrong time of day and nobody saw it before it went into oblivion and got no comments! Please consider this request as a high priority.

• Lon OverackerLon Overacker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree. I've been advocating a more robust forum since joining. There is no threading, no private messaging, email alert/notifications no longer work, no search, no organization.

The community is so vibrant and wanting to share and communicate, but the forum just isn't set up for the volume or the needs of the community.

• ljrackljrack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, along with a private messaging feature where members can contact each other - with opt in/out capability.

• LilyLily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely. The "community" part of it is what got me interested.. What do you mean there are no message boards??

• TarynAdminTaryn (Admin, Beyond Diet) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea and may be implemented in the future. This was the intention for the Ask a Question section. However, people tend to start a new topic/question rather than looking for an existing one that they can comment on. As far as recipes go, you can find and share recipes in the Recipes section of the site.

Feedback and Knowledge Base